2015 MEETINGS - SAVE THE DATES!!
The 2015 Annual Fall meeting in Washington D.C will take place from October 13-18, 2015. Our hotel is in nearby Alexandria, Virginia, at the beautiful Crystal Gate Marriott Hotel, only minutes away from Reagan Airport and the Washington Mall. The hotel is a perfect location for sight-seeing and great photography opportunities.
Hotel registrations are now open. Don't wait! Reserve your rooms now. Click here to make your reservations.
Our programming this fall will include the following speakers.
- Keynote Address by Pulitzer Prize winning photographer David Turnley
- Professional photographer workshop with David Turnley
- Annual Photo Contest judged by David Turnley
- Jim Lager presentation
- Oldest Leitz/Leica working film image capture device contest
- Richard Rejino presentation on "The Anatomy of a Project"
- Evening at the DC Leica Store
- Spouse event
- Leica on Loan
- Using Lightroom presentation by Adobe Certified Instructor Bill Royce
- Trade Show
Future meeting sites include the following:
2016 Spring Shoot - New York City
2016 Fall Meeting - Vancouver, British Columbia
2017 Spring Shoot - Santa Fe, New Mexico
2017 Fall Meeting - Chicago, IL
2018 Spring Shoot - Charleston, SC
2018 Fall Meeting - Boston, MA
Thanks for supporting the LHSA!
SAVE THESE DATES, TOO!
THE 2015 ANNUAL MEETING WILL BE HELD IN WASHINGTON, D.C. THE DATES ARE OCTOBER 14-18.
Watch this page for information as it is released.
2015 SPRING SHOOT - SAVE THE DATE
2015 Spring Shoot - New Orleans
The 2015 Spring Shoot will be held in New Orleans April 15 - 19, 2015.
Online registration is now open for the 2015 Spring Shoot in New Orleans. Click here to register.
There's no better place for photography when it comes to architecture, people and culture.
Registration includes the following:
- Morning and evening photo walking tours with Richard Sexton, Tom Smith, David Spielman and Chris Williams.
- Saturday Keynote address with Maggie Steber, well-known photography and winner of the Leica Medal of Excellence.
- Sessions on using Lightroom, Leica on Loan, Convergence: Music and Photography
- Reception on Thursday evening with light snacks
- LHSA Headquarters will be at the Four Points Sheraton French Quarter hotel.
Painted Churches Photo Shoot
Painted Churches Photo Shoot
Saturday, May 30, 2015
We’ll meet for lunch at 11:00 a.m. at Oakridge Smokehouse 712 US Highway 77 Schulenburg TX 78956 979-743-3372
Our Painted Churches guide will meet us at 12:30 p.m. at Schulenburg Chamber of Commerce 618 Main St Schulenburg TX 78956 866-504-5294
The tour will take three to three-and-a-half hours. It will include churches in: High Hill Ammansville Dubina Moravia More information about the Texas Painted Churches is available at http://www.klru.org/paintedchurches/ http://schulenburgchamber.org/tours/churches/
Cost: The Painted Churches Tour is free. It has already been paid for by the Houston Leica Image Fellowship. All you need to do is show up to see and photograph some of Texas’s notable historical sites. You may want to tip your guide, but that’s up to you.
Who is the Houston Leica Image Fellowship? We’re a Houston group of photography enthusiasts that grew out of a previous Leica owners group. We get together occasionally for lunch in Houston, and plan occasional photographic outings such as this one. People active in the group shoot Leica, Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm and other brands of equipment.
Please RSVP if you intend to attend; we need a general count ahead of time so that we can be sure we have enough guides available.
I’m Howard Cornelsen, data coordinator for the Painted Churches Photo Shoot.
main phone: 713-789-6282
cell phone: 281-536-2937